There are courses for everyone! Gain more experience in a sport you already love or try another one! We are adding them on a continual basis so check it often!
- Intro to SUP
- Dynamic Water
- Touring and Expedition
- Intro to SUP Surfing
- Rocks and Ledges
- Sea-kayakers like to get up close to nature. Having the confidence and skills to maneuver close to shore as well as in and out of the rocks, will open your kayaking world. From reading the water to putting your strokes knowledge into practice, this course will begin your journey to discover an environment filled with birds, marine life and a bit of adrenalin. Rock Gardening can be as big or small as you want it, so there will always be an opportunity to test your skills in a manageable environment.
- Are you looking for some excitement during the symposium? Leave the flat water behind and take your sea kayak into the surf. Feel the power of the ocean as you ride down the face of a wave. If you ever wanted to test your balance and bracing skills, this is where to do it! Among other things, we'll cover how to catch a wave, ride it into shore or maneuver your boat off the wave, land and launch in surf as well surf safety.
- Incident Management
Be ready for the unexpected! Sea states can change quickly. Revisit old techniques and learn new ones during this intensive full day training. Learn to handle situations in dynamic ocean conditions when things are going less than perfect. This class takes your flat water rescues and brings them into rough water.
Paddlers can get themselves into tricky predicaments. Boats and gear can become damaged. How do you respond quickly and effectively to these incidents? The first step towards learning how best to deal with these eventualities is to train for them. The course will cover rough water scenarios, medical emergency scenarios, weather, communications, tricky landings, on water gear / boat repairs, navigation, towing and much more. It has been designed for anyone with some training in rescue techniques although a kayak roll is not needed. It is recommended for all paddlers, whether or not they lead others in the marine environment.
- Fundamentals of Kayak Touring
- This sea kayak course will provide the foundation for many more intermediate and advanced courses. Things that will be covered in this class are strokes, assisted rescues, basic navigation, basic trip planning, and weather. The Fundamental of Kayak Touring course is highly recommended for the beginning paddler looking to become a more efficient and safe paddler on the ocean.
- On Water Coastal Navigation
- "If you don't know where you are, then you are already lost" Often we don't think navigation training is necessary, since we paddle in the same place or can easily see familiar landmarks. Experience with navigation can not only help mitigate the potential of getting lost, it can also make the entire kayak experience more enjoyable. In this course, we will cover taking a bearing, marking a course, interpreting nautical charts, contingency planning, and more.
- Surfski Fundamentals
- Training and Racing
- Intro to Surfski Surfing
- Intro to Sit on Top Ocean Kayaking
- Fundamentals of Kayak Fishing
- Tricks and Tips of Kayak Fishing